The new state law requiring students to be 5 years of age by August 1st before entering Kindergarten goes into effect with the 2017-2018 school year. To meet these requirements, children entering our 3- and 4-year-old program must be 3 or 4 years old by August 1st.
New Students (K – 8)
All students enrolling in school in Kentucky for the first time must furnish the school with the following ORIGINAL MEDICAL FORMS authorized by the State of Kentucky:
- Completed medical examination form
- Current immunization certificate
- Kentucky Eye Examination Form for School Entry (new students ages 3, 4, 5, & 6 who were not previously in our pre-school/pre-k program)
Kentucky law requires that each student submit to the office:
- Current immunization certificate.
- Physicals are mandatory for all students who are new to the Archdiocese of Louisville, and before the beginning of the sixth grade.
How to Apply
Complete the application in full, sign and return to the St. Martha School Office with a $100 non-refundable registration fee. If we are not able to accept your child, this fee will be returned.
Students will be accepted in the following order of preference:
- Brothers and sisters of those attending St. Martha School as of the current school year and whose family has remained active* in stewardship.
- Children of longest active* parishioners of St. Martha
- Brothers and sisters of students who have graduated from St. Martha School and whose family has remained active*
- Sons and daughters of parishioners who have graduated from St. Martha School and whose family has remained active*
- Other families who have registered and are active* in the parish
All parishioners who remain faithful to their St. Martha stewardship pledges since time of registration into parish and current with school tuition.
New applicants and current students are urged to pre-register with the school by March 1st. A non-refundable $100 fee is charged for each child to pre-register. Information about final registration process will be sent out before the end of the current school year. Students will not receive homeroom assignments until Back to School Night. The date for Back to School Night is announced in the principal’s Summer newsletter and in the Church bulletin. Parents are asked not to request certain teachers.
Spots Reserved for Students Enrolled in Pre-K
Catholic students currently enrolled in St. Martha Pre-Kindergarten will automatically be assured a place in the kindergarten program. New parish member meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM in the parish office. Application for St. Martha School must be made on the form provided by the school. Applicants for Pre-K, Kindergarten, or First grade must present an original birth certificate. Baptismal certificates are required for all Catholic students. Sacramental records must be provided for students making application in Grades 2-8.
Saint Martha School does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, or national origin. Students are admitted to Saint Martha School on an annual basis. Continuance at Saint Martha School for each successive year will be based on attitude, behavior, and the academic achievement of the student, and is entirely the decision of the school.